9:00 - 5:00

Our Opening Hours Mon.-Fri.

Call Us For a Free Consultation

Grandparents Rights & Third Party Custody

Prior Lake Grandparents’ Rights Attorneys

As family structures grow increasingly complex, parties other than parents sometimes wish to seek custody of a child. If you are considering seeking custody or visitation of a child as a third party, you need the help of an experienced family law attorney.

At Julius & White Law, we have the experience to take complex Minnesota family law cases such as third-party custody and visitation. Speak with one of our lawyers as soon as possible to learn about your rights as a third party. Call our Prior Lake grandparents’ rights lawyers at 952-479-5582 or 800-653-9658 for a free consultation.

Grandparents And Stepparents Who Seek Custody And Visitation

In all matters concerning custody and visitation, the state considers the best interest of the child. There are certain situations in which grandparents of a minor child have the right to petition for custody and visitation. If the child lived with the grandparents for 12 months or more, the grandparents may petition for visitation if the parents take the child from the home. The court may also grant a grandparent custody or visitation rights if a parent of the minor child is deceased.

Other third parties such as stepparents may wish to establish custody or visitation rights to a minor child. In limited circumstances, a stepparent may have standing to petition for rights to a child. These are complex cases, so we recommend discussing your case with an attorney to learn more.


Get A Free Case Evaluation

Scroll to Top

Get A Free Case Evaluation


Have A Question?